[StBernard] The Storms Impact - Point of View by Ron Chapman

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 20 00:22:35 EST 2006

lm,

I'm glad I made you smile because that was my intention. Please don't
misunderstand, if Junior tries one of his antics on someone and they don't
like it - they have a right to feel that way and complain. And what they
should do is tell him right there on the spot. I'm sure Junior has some
inclination when he goes a little overboard at times and I think he's a big
enough man to accept criticism.

Your comment about my having admiration for Junior made me think. I guess I
had never really thought about it, but yes, there are times when I do - he
does have certain attributes that can be admirable. And no, I wouldn't say
when he's goosing someone is one of those times. But in working with him I
devoloped a sincere respect for him. I don't think I'm telling anybody
anythiing here they didn't suspect for themselves when I say Junior is very
intellingent - and a lot smarter than he would like some to believe.
There's little he doesn't know about St. Bernard or what's going on in this
parish from the Jackson Barracks to the Breton Sound marina.

Sure, Junior knows we're being watched by Washington and the entire nation.
I trust he has enough sense to know when to "put the cane away", sort of
speak. But we also need to trust him to know when to use those "rough
edges" to our advantage. That's the side of Junior I think everyone likes
and admires.

- John Scurich