[StBernard] Shine Productions

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 24 14:27:50 EST 2006

Shine Productions in February at Flour Power Playhouse!

Say you're tired of traffic jams in Metairie, Baton Rouge or the North
Shore? Well, not so in St. Bernard.

You say you want to support the efforts of two St. Bernard businesses and
have a lot of laughs and good food in the bargain?

Tired of mold remediation, FEMA lines and insurance adjusters? Want to get
together with friends for liquor and laughs?

Mark your calendars becuase Shine Productions and Flour Power h ave
regrouped, rebuilt, and are ready for a new year. Our season may have been
cut short, but the fun goes on - Nothing can stop us! What's the color of
fun, you ask?

FEBRUARY 4 - THE EXTRAVAGANZA & GOLDEN CHIP AWARDS
Stars shine GOLDEN at our Extravaganza! Every year end, Shine Productions
has thrown the parish's biggest party for our patrons and season ticket
holders, and this year - you can be in that number. We provide the
entertainment, THE HISTORY OF SHINE (ABRIDGED) and the food & drink - HOW'S
ABOUT A 'DEBRIS' SANDWICH, SOME KING CAKE AND WINE? - and you have a night
to eat, drink and be merrily entertained. Who'll win the coveted "Best
Laugh" award? Or the Golden BoBo? What was the Favorite Shine Production
of 2005? You've got enough on your mind - don't spend another sleepless
night wondering...tickets only $25 and include food and beverage

FEBRUARY 10 & 11 - SHINE AFTER DARK< /DIV>
In a mood for some BLUE comedy and music? Your host, comedian Tom
Hassinger, has assembled a lineup of music and comedy that'll bring the
adults in your group an evening of 'mature' fun and laughs. New Orleans
comedians - comic headliners MIKE STRECKER on Friday and JODI BORELLO on
Saturday - the sketch comedy of Shel Silverstein & Tom Hassinger performed
by the Shine troop of actors including Barry Lemoine, Christian Bordelon,
Will Schneider, Tom Hassinger, Shannon Gildea, Tara Sandifer, Katie Betz and
Rose Marie Sand, and the music of JUDE LEBLANC, round out an even ing
that'll make February fabulous. Cash bar, with tickets at only $10.00

FEBRUARY 14 - LOVE LETTERS

RED Velvet cake & Champagne anyone? Shine presents A. R. Gurney's "Love
Letters" with readers that will include guest celebrities and Shine's own.
Join us fo r a night of love & luscious Flour Power desserts. This poignant
story will touch your heart, and the evening of relaxing fun will bring the
love to you and your special someone. Tickets include one dessert and drink
- only $10 per person

The owners of Flour Power, Ronda and Doyle DeForest, are up and running for
breakfast, lunch and dinner at 2101 Paris Road in Chalmette, and Shine
Productions has wasted no time in bringing our brand of entertainment to the
workers and residents of St. Bern ard, with four shows to date post-Katrina.
We performed our hit murder mystery show, "The Altos" and a "USO Holiday
Show" on the cruise ship Scotia Prince for parish relief workers, provided
entertainment at ReliefSpark's Winter Wonderland, and a free Christmas
Variety Showcase for residents in December. Come Shine With Us...

Email shinepresents at yahoo.com <mailto:shinepresents at yahoo.com> for
information, or call Rose at 504.666.1220.

P.S. SHINE'S OWN CHRISSY CUENCA WAS CROWNED 'MISS LOUISIANA USA' on Sunday!
Congratulations to Chrissy - on to Miss USA.

Also, we're proud to announce - tee shirts are on sale printed with the
slogan FROM THE PARISH AND PROUD OF IT....order yours today and show your
St. Bernard Parish Pride. Call Rose or email shinepresents at yahoo.com with
PARISH PRIDE TEE SHIRTS in the subject. White 100% Cotton heavyweight tee
shirts, sizes S - XXL, only $15 plus shipping.