[StBernard] Stinky/mud stained clothes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 24 20:51:58 EST 2006

Anyone figured out how to get the smell out of Katrina clothes? I've tried
Lysol in the wash, bleach, vinegar, OxiClean, Tide with color safe bleach,
Tide with Febreeze, Mr. Clean, ... did I forget anything? The smell seems
to be gone until the clothes get hot due to ironing or putting them in the
dryer. I know that I should probably pitch them especially since some
clothes recovered looked like they had been eaten ... and it is safe to go
back. Anyway, any suggestions? Also, I can't get the mud stains out of a
quilt my, at the time 90 year old, grandmother made for my daughter. Any
suggestions for that?

Thanks,
Cindy