[StBernard] On FEMA website

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 20 19:34:06 EST 2006

They have a real nice pic of those trailers in Arkansas and the following
blurb:

FEMA Mobile Homes Stand Ready
FEMA mobile homes staged in Arkansas are habitable, available and properly
maintained. They have not been damaged, and certainly none are being
destroyed. Mobile homes are an important part of a comprehensive housing
strategy, and are commonly used for temporary housing outside of
floodplains. We had hoped for a better reception in the State of Louisiana,
in particular, for mobile home parks to be located in those parishes outside
floodplains, and we continue to await the needed authorities to move them
in. We expect to use these mobile homes in other open or future disasters.

Photos are available <http://www.fema.gov/media/hope_arkansas.shtm>
demonstrating the safety and preservation of mobile homes in Hope, Arkansas

D arn, they sure are a lot roomier than the 8x30 one I'm about to get,
but...you gotta take what you can get.

JY