[StBernard] Question Murphy Oil

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 23 10:46:10 EST 2006

We went to Murphy on Monday and opted out...now they said since we own 3
properties (one on the border of Murphy's map and 2 in the Judges map) they
said we can't opt out of one property...you either opt out of all or none.
So we choose all b/c my neighbor was a block out side of the Murphy map and
she tested positive and her business on Virtue also tested positive...they
opted out and did get money. However, Murphy will not test your property
until you opt out...so it is a gamble. We signed the testing papers twice at
the Murphy office before the whole class action, and somehow they can't find
record of any of the papers we submitted(I made sure to get copies of the
papers and fax confirmation from Murphy). So we had to opt out, submit the
testing again, and wait again for the results...they said to check back for
the results in 2 weeks...if it tests positive, they will pay. Now the key
is, Murphy will only pay if you are in their grid...unless your property
outside of their (original) grid and tested positive.

Heather

Has anyone settled with Murphy after opting out??? If so were you the new or
old oil grid?