[StBernard] CLOTHES DONATIONS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 21 19:45:31 EST 2006

Does anyone know if the DRC, Civic Center or any other organization
is
accepting clothes donations ? I have clothes that are in good
shape, but
have nowhere to donate them. Any suggestions ?

Syl

Syl, if you find a place who will take them, please let me know. We are
overwhelmed with clothing, some new, some like new. I have boxes and bags
that came from various places and have 20 more boxes offered I had to turn
down.
When I go down the road, there are people in need still, but not nearly as
much as I have to offer, nor do I have enough time to go and spend the
necessary time to dig through them and get the right sizes etc. There is no
site to leave them for people to search in peace and privacy, so it has to
be out of the back of the car, and that is very time consuming. I never get
it done that way. Its a shame because I have good stuff here too, some with
tags. More and more of them are finding ways to come up the road and pick in
peace but even all those places no longer take any as they have so much. We
just seem to be a country with way too many clothes. I think I go back to
the Old world habit of wearing my stuff til it is no longer wearable (not
too fashion conscious).

Gaby