[StBernard] Parish Contracts

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 1 23:26:19 EST 2006

Parish Contracts:

How soon we forget.
It was JR that chastized our previous Parish President Charles Ponstein for
entering into a contract for mosquito control. After all the hoop la on
this issue it was determined that per our charter that the Parish President
could only sign a contract that exceeded a specific threshold if the amount
for such service was previously approved in the parish budget. Several of
the present council members sat on the previous council and are well
knowledgable of this issue including the requirements established giving
authority to contract with and commit parish funds to outside sources.

j dolese