[StBernard] Meraux Class Action Ruling

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 30 20:36:05 EDT 2006

Concerning your reply about Murphy Oil preparing for Katrina was very
different than almost every other business except maybe the other refinerys.
It has a procedure in place to fill the crude/product tanks to a certain
capacity, and it was not followed for some reason. How many other
businesses have this type of procedure I really do not know. But this is
not only about money it is about peoples health, which you can put a price
tag on that. Watch what happpens when we get heavy rains for along time I
will almost put money that we will have oil coming up out of the soil. >

away, would be eye-opening.

> I am glad that we quickly settled last October, despite the nay-sayers

> that had visions of hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages coming

> their way, for an "accident". (While there may have been some

> negligence on Murphy's part, how many businesses thoroughly prepared

> for Katrina? How many residents? We evacuated, but we certainly

> could have reduced our losses had I not been so hard-headed and taken

> the time to move what I could upstairs, instead of assuming that we

> would once again walk away with wind damage

> only.)

> My thoughts and prayers are with my fellow residents for a quick

> resolution to this matter, and for the incentive to continue to rebuild

our community.

> Not all emails sent through this list reflect the opinion of

> da-parish.com or Westley Annis

> Such emails list the author in either the subject line or within the

message itself.

> This message is copyrighted by Westley Annis. No distribution through

electronic, paper, or other means is permitted without the express written
permission of Westley Annis.