[StBernard] B ZONES

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 30 20:47:26 EDT 2006

Craig wrote:

Here is the piece that
may be
giving some heartburn to B zone residents: the LRA has published a
statement that in order to access any financial assistance in the housing
plan residents will have to comply with the Advisory Base Flood Elevation
guidelines that required elevating houses 3ft above adjacent ground
elevation or to the BFE, whichever is greater. We have been fighting
against this clause and believe there will be an exemption clause developed
for areas that the Avisory does not work for that will come out.
Therefore,
if one is not waiting on the LRA assistance plan and you are in a B zon e or
you are compliant with the BFE wherever you are- you are free to move ahead.

And this is what's chapping my hide Craig. LRA is not making a lot of sense
with this. Once we get back there this coming week or week after, we can
start repairs with what we got from flood/homeowners but then we will have
to go into personal funds. My mom could definitely use the LRA grant, but
uh, can't see the sense of having to spend more to get the grant.

BTW...kudos on your comments to the T.P. regarding the overtime situation in
the parish. I wasn't there...got the 80 yr old parent out. However, 4
family members on the parish payroll? It just doesn't look good.

JY