[StBernard] Insurers Retreat From Coasts

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 30 21:39:13 EDT 2006

Westley,

Your comment "What is the difference if you sell $100,000 worth of coverage
against $200,000 worth of coverage? At worst, it should just be double the
premium." You put it in easy to understand logic.

The major insurance carriers cannot refute that. Allstate simply asked for
an increase, a 51% increase mind you, but it appears they are looking to
find a cost equation where they can continue to do business here. But law
should be passed that would prohibit insurance carriers from not selling any
particular type of coverage that they offer in any other state.

John Scurich