[StBernard] Lists

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 20 12:31:47 EDT 2006

I have exactly the same concerns, as my primary house was north of
Patricia/Genie. As I said in another post, the Louisiana Speaks website has
a statement from the Parish that, on May 1, they were supposed to begin a
three month project that will result in a Redevelopment Map showing which
areas are to be rebuilt and which were not. I signed up for free gutting,
but I don't see why I should be forced to spend money on that property when
it is very possible (Duany plan) that it will be in an area not slated for
redevelopment. Is the Parish going to reimburse me for that extra money if
my property ends up in an area that will not be redeveloped? I don't think
it is smart to count on that happening. The proposal to force residents to
buy new doors and windows, and to spend money to have grass cut on a regular
basis, should not go into affect until after the Parish has completed this
redevelopment plan, and then should not apply to those areas that are slated
not to be redeveloped. Can anybody tell us when the Redevelopment Map will
be finished?

CK