[StBernard] how about another list

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 20 23:22:03 EDT 2006

You said it eloquently, Cheryl. Unfortunately, the parish leaders (and some
others) still do not get IT. We're concerned firstly about our primary
importance: the nuclear and extended family. Nothing else matters beyond
that point in time of great trials vs. our lives. Secondary in importance is
everything that comes thereafter.

Asking the leaders to understand chief importance falls upon deaf ears, it
appears. Remember folks: Self and family FIRSTLY, then the community. Until
this important pattern is followed, nothing else matters in the community
anyway. It's down to the raw ID, the unpolished, back to primitive caveman
approach where we're fighting our way back to an existence we once knew. If
anyone was lucky to have avoided the financial ruin, the separation of
family, and the sharp fork in the road to the unknown, You should thank God
for that loving, blessing given.

Remember, nothing else matters beyond the family as the initial focus to
recovery. Everything else will fall in place, hopefully if we can get past
the PTSD many of us now face emotionally.

Somehow, the parish leaders do not get it yet. Perhaps, they were the lucky
ones.

--Jer--

Instead, I would prefer the Parish to let me know whether my area is going
to be redeveloped. If they are going to but me out at a fixed amount, it
makes no sense for me to spend money fixing up my house as that is just
throwing money away. If my area is not going to be redeveloped, I won't
even be able to sell my house and my only option is a buyout I know you say
that I owe it to my neighbors, but I have two problems with that argument.
First, my obligations to my family are more important than my obligations
to my neighbors. That money is better spent establishing a new home for my
family, in the Parish or not, than putting it into a property that cannot
be redeveloped. Second, if my area is not going to be redeveloped under the
Duany plan, cleaning up is not helping my neighbors as they won't be able to
come back to that neighborhood in the end anyway.

CK
Cheryl M Kornick
Liskow & Lewis
504-556-4156