[StBernard] Katrina vs. Betsy

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 1 19:16:38 EDT 2006

The people who compare Katrina and Betsy are being totally dishonest.
Usually their purpose is to belittle people who haven't gone home and may
never go home.
My wife and I were living in Gentilly, but stayed at my brother's off Canal
St. the night of Betsy. After Betsy passed there was no water in that area.
I went to work the next day and encountered a leaky post office but NO water
in the streets. I drove to the top of the Elysan Fields overpass and saw
water for the first time.
We went home soon after and found very little water in the house we were
renting. It was easy to clean up because utilities were working.
The lower ninth ward caught heck, but the water didn't stay long. Arabi
received most of the water in the parish.An aunt lived on E. Beauregard and
there was a little water in the street.
No comparison to Katrina.
For the people who like to insult others for not coming back and/or cleaning
up find another crutch to support your argument.
And for the people who say they care about their absent neighbors give it a
rest.
Some do care (like Syl) but others whine about the high grass and weeds next
door.
Did you really love your neighbors?

Thanks,
David Jochum