[StBernard] Oh No LLC

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 1 20:27:28 EDT 2006

Laurie, Cheryl, et al,

I don't think anyone has a problem with Warren doing his job. It is more a
problem of perception, and perception in St. Bernard is very negative at the
moment.

When you read in the paper that a company called Oh No is buying up
properties, the first thought is someone formed a shell company to try and
capitalize on the misfortunes brought on by the storm.

Having never heard of the company Oh No, or of Warren, I could easily
picture Sidney Torres behind the scenes explaining to Mrs. Clothilde, "I'm
sorry, but you will never be able to fix your home up. Let me help you out
by buying it for $10,000."

With everything we are hearing, and let me repeat, we are only hearing
stories, so there is no proof in the pudding yet, of shanigans by Torres,
Stephens, Junior, etc., people are going to be wary.

With the emails we've received from about Warren, I'm sure everyone has
corrected their opinion of what he is doing.

One of the problems with email is the time lag between when original
messages go out and replies start trickling in. I think Steve Fecke was the
first to respond about who Warren was, at that point, I thought the subject
was cleared up, but it does take a few days for all the dust to settle.

The only thing I can suggest, especially if it has been a day or two since
you checked your email is to read all the messages before responding, or at
least all that have the same subject line. Most email clients will allow
you to group messages by subject, so you can read the entire discussion to
date.

Westley