[StBernard] Seeking Services of a Civil Engineer for 10-day Ghana Project

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 1 21:18:46 EDT 2006

A WTC member who resides in New Orleans, Dr. Tarik Bnafa, Executive Vice
President of Ajides International, Inc., is seeking the services of an
experienced Civil Engineer for a 10-day project in Ghana in early July, as
described in the following letter to WTC President Charles Nelson. In the
event that you might know any civil engineers -- especially someone who may
be retired or perhaps teach at a university -- who might be interested in
this assignment (or if you happen to be a civil engineer yourself), please
bring this opportunity to their attention.

________________________________

AJIDES INTERNATIONAL, INC.

Los Angeles . Washington, D.C. . New Orleans . Abidjan

May 27, 2006

Mr. Charles Nelson, President
World Trade Center of New Orleans
2 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130

Charles:

As we discussed, I want to share a few important details that describe the
forthcoming Mission to Ghana.

Background:
Kete-Krachi is the largest village in the Krachi District of Northeastern
Ghana, West Africa. This remote, but stunningly beautiful, paradise is
accessible by boat and/or many miles of very bad road. Building a bridge
over a lake could eliminate many of the problems this area faces. This
bridge would enable greater access to the Krachi District from other parts
of Ghana, and would be catalytic in intensifying economic output and
opportunity to participate in other markets in the area.

As you know, I have recently returned from Ghana. I will be leaving again to
the Krachi District of Ghana on July 6. Presently, I am in the process of
dealing with health, visa and other formalities, making travel arrangements,
and finalizing the members of this four-member Mission.

The members of this Mission, which I will lead, will consist of Mr. Roy
Holleman, a fellow committee member on the WTC International Business
Committee and President of ECOL; Mr. Mamadou Jallow, a highly respected Mass
Communications/ Organizational Development Expert from The Gambia, West
Africa; and a Civil Engineer to be determined.

The Deal:
Each of the participants (e.g. Bnafa, Holleman and Jallow) has agreed to go
to Kete-Krachi and provide professional services at no fee. A Civil Engineer
who would agree to be a part of the team must agree to no fee. The Krachi
District Assembly will be responsible for all business-related expenses of
the Mission (e.g. business class airfare; food, lodging, etc). What I expect
is a commitment on the part of the Engineer upon his/her return to the
United States, to create/author a proposal that can be used for funding
purposes. The ultimate remuneration comes from institutionalizing one's self
in the activities that ensue.

Finally, as we touched upon, this seems tailor-made for a retired,
experienced Civil Engineer. I would appreciate your best efforts in
identifying someone who is willing to participate in this important work.
Should you identify a suitable, willing person, please contact me ASAP at:

Tarik Bnafa
(504) 896-8060
abnafa at ajides.com

Thank you and best regards,