[StBernard] Parish Standing--Our Future?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 13 08:23:40 EDT 2006

I thought that was why they were fixing up the Willie Smith school; to house
the volumteers. Is that correct Craig?

Jim York

Thanks, I had copied and pasted the initial question and dont
remember who
posted it.
The Lutherans are in many other areas as well, and unfortunately
they have
to close down some of their volunteer camp sites for the summer. The
volunteers, mostly from way up north, can hardly handle the heat,
and many
camps are tents. So to work in the heat and then sleep in the tent
with heat
and mosquitoes has caused some heat related problems, of course.
I think they may have more again when the cooler weather comes.
So for those who called me to get on the gutting list, it looks
dreary if
you hope they come before August. They are currently working on the
March
sign up list.
I know the parish has word out to a number of churches, but I am
sure they
all have similar heat related issues, and housing.

Gaby