[StBernard] Greetings from Taipei: An e-postcard from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 7 21:21:03 EST 2006

We left Hong Kong, the financial capital of Asia, this afternoon after a series of successful meetings with a number of business leaders. I continue to talk about the amazing opportunities for economic success in our state. Louisiana is the place for new and expanding businesses - and now is the time for investment. Today our delegation met with Formosa Plastics. We all know how important the chemical industry is to Louisiana's economy. Our state is home to more than 90 chemical plants. We keep fishing for the jobs that will build the economy of Louisiana's future. I appreciate every opportunity we have been given to visit with company officials and I look forward to growing the relationships we are building throughout Asia.

- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco