[StBernard] This is being posted on nola.com...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 7 21:52:03 EST 2006

I agree with you Lola. Katrina has forced most of us to make decisions and
take the necessary actions for the welfare of our families. I've always
felt much too much is made over where a public official actually lives, as
if that somehow questions his or her dedication to the office held. It
seems everyday you hear about an elected official being indicted on
something - obviously his/her living among neighbors mattered little to
their respect of the office.

I believe more important than where an elected official lays his head is
where his heart lies.

John Scurich

P.S. I wonder how many people are aware of the fact that a person of proper
age can run for any U.S. House district seat or U.S. Senate seat and does
not have to be a resident of that Congressional district or state. You only
have to take residence there by the time you take office. (Articles of
Confederation)