[StBernard] more inspiration

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 1 20:51:46 EST 2007

If you're looking for a good movie for inspiration St. Bernardians, I also
recommend WE ARE MARSHALL. It's the true story of a small college town that
loses 75 people (city councilmen, football team, coaches, fans) in a fatal
plane crash. While many in town thought the college should drop the
football program, others believed that the town needed to rebuild the team
for it and the university to truly heal from the tragedy. Lots of
comparisons to what a community goes through after a loss. Since it's a true
life story I can tell you that while the team didn't have a winning record
throughout the 1970s, then went on to become NCAA champions and bowl game
winners. Morale of the story is same as Rocky Balboa's words of wisdom. By
weired coincidence, Witchita State had a similar tragedy (football team goes
down in a plane crash) and their school choose to not bring back a football
program, which many alumni regret to this day. -Happy New Year, Deborah
Keller
P.S. Fr. Maestri go see this movie and reflect on it.