[StBernard] Boasso to run for governor's office

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 7 19:33:46 EST 2007

Perhaps if Mr. Boasso would pool his resources, offer his support to Mr.
Jindal (as Sen. Vitter has done), the chances of others would be
insurmountable by any challenger. Diluting the vote is what most challenges
on the other side would lick their chops over. It's a political strategy to
do so. Divide and conquer. Yes, Mr. Boasso is a good man having helped
others pre and post-Katrina. But, perhaps he shouldn't stand in the way of
the man who has the most clout, leads in the polls by a grand margin and can
be the next Governor. What Lousiana needs now is someone to clean house,
pick up the mess, develop good, problem-solving solutions and help us plan
for Louisiana's rise from the ashes of oblivion. I really hate to sound
political in my opinions, but we don't need politics as much as we need
someone who is a mover-shaker and drum-beater at the heals of federal
government.

--jer--