[StBernard] FIELD OF DREAMS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 7 17:13:47 EST 2007

Wendy,

Watch your arguments. You sound like one of those people who bought a house
on Williams Blvd 20 years ago and now complain about the noise from the
airport.

I don't know the exact timeline, but I have a feeling that the Murphy plant
was there before the homes were built on Jacob, Despaux, etc. Don't
complain about a factory being next door when the factory was there first.

You mention running Murphy out of the parish. Where you propose that they
take their jobs to? What jobs would you replace them with?

I had a few people tell me I was nuts for buying a house across the street
from St. Mark because of the church traffic, school traffic, and fair
traffic. I recognized all of that would be there before we bought the house
and knew I would have to accept it for what it was.

I would expect the residents of St. Bernard to accept the fact that Murphy
and Chalmette Refining are there. They were a part of St. Bernard before a
few of us were ever born or moved in the parish. Without them, St. Bernard
would be poorer in more ways than just money.

Westley