[StBernard] FIELD OF DREAMS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 7 23:48:38 EST 2007

Thanks, Westley for your comments. Yes, there are probably increased
dangers by having the refineries in our parish, but like you said, we knew
they were there when we settled here. Yes, there have been issues with both
refineries, but I think believe that they usually do the best they can to
make things right and I can't imagine anyone denying the fact that both of
the industries do more for our communities than just provide jobs. How many
of us have had children play at ball parks that were sponsored by our local
refineries? How many of us have approached these businesses to ask for
donations for whatever causes we were working for? Maybe I'm a little
prejudiced as my husband is a Murphy employee, but I think we have to
balance both sides.

Janet