[StBernard] Field of Dreams

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 9 23:01:23 EST 2007

I believe we do need a park for the children. We don't need any more bars,
tatoo parlors, skin tanning, etc. We need to do something for the children.
I just don't think that the correct place was chosen. I can't help wonder
why it is believed the park should be built there. Are there certain
politicians or big named people in that area who want to come back but want
to ensure their area will be repopulated before doing so? Wasn't this area
in the oil spill? Why not put the park in an area where no one is returning
and is being considered for "green space". This would help alleviate the
possibility of the state using these areas for Section 8 housing.

I don't know the rules and maybe we have to use an area that was already
slated as a park. But even if that's the case, why don't we get rid of all
the trailers at Park Chenier and revamp Park Chenier as the new recreation
park?

Karen Fernandez