[StBernard] LA Citizens Surcharge

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 9 23:04:41 EST 2007

I'm so sorry Sue. The government has blinders on and do not care who is
being hurt! It's a shame! I was offered a measly 13,000 to repair my home
that was 245,000 in damages and was underinsured (my fault I know) so all of
the insurance money went to pay off the mortgage (plus a small portion from
my own pocket). I decided to try and sell the house on my own instead of
letting it sit there boarded up or have the state make it HUD for 13,000.
We were lucky enough to receive a purchase agreement from someone local who
will fix it up and help make the neighborhood brighter. I'm still crying
but my house deserves a happy family again and the neighbors deserve their
street back. Anyway, I wish that I knew what was going to happen to the
13,000 that we declined. The local buyer that we have is fixing it up to
sell so I cannot assign him my LRA portion since he will not live there. I
am sure many of the people who were low-balled by are poting to sell on
their own instead of accepting the crumbs from LRA so what happens to all of
those unused dollars? Hmmmm.......makes me wonder....... Good luck to you I
will be praying for you!!!
CA