[StBernard] JR'S big one.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 20 23:27:16 EDT 2007

"St. Bernard Parish President Henry "Junior'' Rodriguez underwent successful
surgery on Monday to repair an abdominal hernia and is expected to make a
full recovery, according to Charles Reppel his chief of staff.

"There were no complications and 100 percent recovery is expected,'' said
Reppel. He said Rodriguez is in a local hospital but will be released before
the end of the week.

In accordance with the St. Bernard Parish Home Rule Charter, the parish's
Chief Administrative Officer David Peralta assumed the duties of Acting
President on Monday until Rodriguez returns."

***What's this? I had a similar non-complicated, abdominal hernia repair,
and up and running that day. I suppose it's a good excuse to add another
week (or more) of vacation time at taxpayer's expense. If my grass wasn't
cut because I had an abdominal repair and couldn't cut it, I would have been
cited for delinquency in ordinance. <smile>. I'd like to see the size of HIS
hernia <chuckle>. Mine was only baseball sized sticking out the front of my
chest. <g>..

Just being light on the subject on a slow newsday, but if the press deems it
important to write and article and place it on the "new" St. Bernard
website, then it MUST be important enough to deem a week to two weeks to sit
behind a desk. ;) Many can only WISH that they had this luxury.

=--jer--=