[StBernard] Chalmatians Across the Country

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 29 07:12:42 EDT 2007

Jer,
You sound like you have a good perspective after all the blood, sweat and
tears and as a survivor, are emotionally moving forward. Its really been a
mass grieving and healing experience that has effected all our immediate and
extended families and we certainly learned to trust in God (i.e. church
groups) and not the government, who had nothing to offer (after the
immediate band-aid) except to make lives more difficult and complicated,
until they hope we go away. I remember October, Novermber of 2005 when
recovery seemed near-impossible, hopeless, and now, I know we''re going to
make it. The Friday before Katrina my husband and I had dinner at that
chinese restaurant, I think it was Jade Garden? at Jean Lafitte and Judge
P. and my fortune said "You will soon witness a miracle" and they weren't
kidding! Being able to share our thoughts and feelings here at Westley's
post have been a major part of the healing process, so bless Westley and us
all, and keep the miracles an
d blessings coming throughout the year. MsSimms