[StBernard] Jindal says Craig should resign but not Vitter?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 3 10:14:09 EDT 2007

>>>We certainly do not need powerful men and women embarrassing us with

details of homosexuality encounters or infidelity while in public office.
Pitiful exhibition.

"So then Jer, Mr. Vitter should have resigned also right? --Jim"

**Wll, would you have resigned, Mr. Jim? Firstly, I wouldn't have placed
myself in that position as an elected official. If I were innocent (the
allegations, false), I'd fight it to the end. As any elected official, what
degree of misconduct warrants dismissal or leave of office?

Or would you feel you job/goals are not done, that you don't wish to admit
shame, that your income and lifestyle would suffer? That you'd lose a sense
of power? Ego?

We will remember that Mr. Craig made the huge mistake of not lying and
admitting guilt (as he should have<G>). Mr. Clinton lied and said, "I did
Not have sexual relations with that woman -- Ms. Lewinsky (darlin' Monica)."
...Busted!!!!

What seems apparent these days is this. Senators and those in offices find a
lull in their work life and I believe the boredom is alleviated by some sort
of activity which awakens their taxed minds. Scandals are an excitement to
their day/week/month/year and find it titillating to some extent. Finding
exciting in this game sparks their interest in the elected position and
therefore look forward to scandalous affairs or criminal activity. It will
never cease as long as the human brain looks to avenge their party's
political miscues. We can expect more of the same in retaliation. It wasn't
just God who has said, "Vengeance is mine". Man is much less forgiving.

The human psyche needs security at all costs. What would you have done as
yourself or as Mr. Clinton in such matters?

--jer--

By all considerations everyone should resign embarrassing the public
trust
in office. However, stating this, we shouldn't forget one of the
infamous
encounters of all time, Monica and Bill.

He didn't resign while Mr. Livingston did. Yes, Mr. Craig should go.
However, it's too late to kick Mr. Clinton out of office by public
outrage.