[StBernard] e-Postcard from Governor Blanco 9-18-07

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 18 23:12:13 EDT 2007

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco heads to Spain this week on an economic development mission with Louisiana Economic Development Secretary Mike Olivier. They will lead a team through several meetings and seminars in Madrid in hopes of recruiting more investments in Louisiana.. Gov. Blanco is sending updates to constituents back home through e-postcards.

Governor Blanco's e-Postcard from Madrid:

Day two of our economic development mission to Spain opened the door to new opportunities for investment in Louisiana. Our team met with companies that presented public private partnership concepts for successful infrastructure development. Louisiana's ability to continue expanding and attracting business and industry depends on the capacity of our infrastructure. I invited the major corporations we met with to join with Louisiana companies in exploring new joint infrastructure ventures.

We came away from the meetings convinced Spanish companies are aggressively shopping for new investment opportunities in the United States. Their interest in Louisiana is sincere. We look forward to working with them upon return to bring more business - and jobs - home to Louisiana.

- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org