[StBernard] Governor Blanco's Week in Review: September 17-21

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 21 21:37:48 EDT 2007

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's Week in Review: September 17-21

NEWS
9.21.07
Governor Blanco declares Black and Gold Weekend to rally fans for Monday's Saints game
As Saints fans prepare to pack the Superdome for the first New Orleans Saints home game of the 2007 season, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco today declared "Black and Gold Weekend." Starting today, the proclamation encourages Who Dat fans to wear and display the team's colors through Monday, when the Saints take on the Tennessee Titans live on Monday Night Football.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=3212>

9.20.07
Governor Blanco declares state of emergency, GOHSEP increases activation level
Anticipating a potential impact of a weather system predicted to become a tropical system late Friday or Saturday, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco today declared a precautionary State of Emergency, following a Unified Command Conference Call with state agencies to discuss the developing weather system.
Read More
<http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3210&navID=3>
9.20.07
Governor Blanco's e-Postcard from Madrid 9.20.07
Tonight, we conclude our mission to Spain with new potential for partnerships and investments. In a breakfast meeting with secretary Pedro Mejias, who heads up trade, commerce and tourism for the Spanish government, we agreed to commit our teams to making new private sector connections. On behalf of the Louisiana people,! I thanked the secretary for the generous and immediate support their government sent to Louisiana in the wake of hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3207&navID=3>

9.19.07
Governor Blanco's e-Postcard from Madrid 9.19.07
Today we conducted a series of productive meetings designed to generate new contacts for Louisiana's businesses. We began the day with a working breakfast meeting hosted by the US Embassy. Investors in attendance represented diverse sectors of the Spanish economy, from the energy sector, to real estate, to construction and beyond. This broad scope of attention speaks to their interest in the growing diversity of Louisiana's economy. We moved on to meetings with the banking industry, and a company focused on funding public-private infrastructure partnerships.
Read More <http://www.go! v.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&art icleID=3206&navID=3>

9.18.07
Governor Blanco issues statement regarding $1 billion projected surplus
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=3&articleID=3205>

9.18.07
Governor Blanco's e-Postcard from Madrid
Day two of our economic development mission to Spain opened the door to new opportunities for investment in Louisiana. Our team met with companies that presented public private partnership concepts for successful infrastructure development. Louisiana's ability to continue expanding and attracting business and industry depends on the capacity of our infrastructure. I invited the major corporations we met with to join with Louisiana companies in exploring new joint infrastructure ventures.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3204&am! p;navID=3>

9.17.07
Governor Blanco issues statement regarding Thursday's rally in Jena, La
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3199&navID=3>

9.17.07
Governor Blanco's e-Postcard from Madrid
The US Ambassador to Spain, Eduardo Aguirre, welcomed the economic development mission I am leading by saying, "you've come at the right time." This week in Madrid we continue our efforts to aggressively seek new business, and we have arrived at a time when Spanish companies stand prepared to capitalize on new investments.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3196&navID=3>

GOVERNOR'S BLOG
Col. Stanley Griffin, Louisiana State Police
Louisiana Analytical & Fusion Exchange
The mission of the Louisiana State Analytical & Fusion Exchange (LA-SAFE) is to facilitate the collection, evaluation and dissemination of homeland security and crime related information derived from local, state and federal agencies and the private sector in order to improve the state's ability to safeguard against terrorism, criminal activity and to ensure public safety.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=35&articleID=3198>

GOVERNOR'S COLUMN
Two years ago, when Hurricane Katrina slammed into Louisiana and Mississippi, displacing hundreds of thousands of residents, Southwest Louisiana opened its homes, its communities, and its hearts. Many evacuees took refuge in the Lake Charles Civic Center for weeks, as Southwest resi! dents selflessly donated their time and resources to help those in need.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=2&articleID=3194>

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org