[StBernard] Fall News from Life Educational Alternative Program

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 1 22:06:34 EDT 2007

October 2007
Life Educational Alternative Program eNewsletter
Can I legally Homeschool my Special Needs Child?

In This Issue
Bro. Kenny Forsyth, Administrator
Christian Education
Catch the Savings!
PRAYER FORCE

Adult Education Services

The Life Educational Alternative Adult Education Program specifically
prepares adult learners for the GED Tests in the comfort of their home. With
reliable, authentic score prediction from the exclusive distributor of the
Official GED Practice Tests, Steck-Vaughn.

First developed in 1942, the GED is the largest alternative degree program
in the United States. The GED (General Educational Development) Tests
reflect the major and Lasting outcomes associated with high school course of
instruction. The GED diploma is widely recognized by universities, colleges,
community colleges, training programs, employers, and in some cases, the
U.S. military.

The GED Practice Test covers language arts, social studies, science, and
mathematics. If the report of your practice test score indicates that you
need additional study, one of our academic supervisors will monitor your
progress with extended, targeted practice with content-specific workbooks.

More Information... <http://www.leapinfo.net/id60.html>

Ministry Quicklinks
On-line Pre-Enrollment <http://www.leapinfo.net/id47.html>
Adult Education <http://www.leapinfo.net/id60.html>
Tuition & Book Cost <http://www.leapinfo.net/id58.html>
Liberty University Distance Learning <http://www.leapinfo.net/id41.html>
More About Us <http://www.leapinfo.net>

Bro. Kenny Forsyth, Administrator

I received a call from a parent asking for homeschooling information for her
special needs child. The first question she asked was, "Can I legally
homeschool my special needs child?" The answer is "Yes", and there are
currently hundreds of families nation wide homeschooling children whose
special needs range from attention deficit disorder to severe multiple
handicaps.

These committed parents are discovering that when they brought their special
needs child home to be educated, they came out of the "deep freeze" that has
kept them from making significant progress in traditional school settings.
Parents can offer their children individualized education, flexibility,
encouragement, and support through home schooling.

* For learning disabled children who function best with "real-life
problems" rather than artificial worksheet tasks, homeschooling may be
ideal.
* For medically sensitive children, learning at home provides the
opportunity for careful monitoring.
* For attention deficit children who function best with uniquely
structured time and fewer distractions, homeschooling usually proves to be
the answer.
* At-risk teens normally work better in a structured homeschool
environment due to decrease peer pressure, and school student/staff
confrontation.

However, the decision to homeschool a special needs child is a weighty one.
Many parents deal with their own fears of inadequacy to homeschool. They may
meet pressure from current school staff, or the state, to keep their child
in the "traditional school system." Many will encounter criticism from
well-meaning family and friends. Nevertheless, in record numbers, parents of
special needs children are choosing to home educate, and most are finding
that the rewards far outweigh the costs.

Careful discernment should be given if you are thinking about homeschooling
a special needs child. Our academic supervisors, and volunteer professional
& para-professional social workers are available to answer any concerns or
questions you may have.

Ten Steps to Successfully Homeschool Children with Special Needs, by Janie
Bowman.
<http:www.brightword.com/homeschooling_children_with_special_needs.pdf>

More Information... <http://leapinfo.net>

The Life Educational Alternative Program is more than quality academics. The
curriculum we use is built on a theistic philosophic foundation. Students
learn to see life from God's point of view. Their personal relationship with
God and their personal responsibilities to family, church, and community are
of primary concern.

"Open enrollment year round."

ENROLL YOUR CHILD TODAY, FOR A BRIGHTER TOMORROW!...
<http://www.leapinfo.net/id47.html>

Catch the Savings!

Catch the savings on our homeschool products. Place your order through email
-leapinfo at yahoo.com - Please include your name, delivery address, and phone
number in email.

Our at-risk and troubled youth ministry benefit from book store proceeds!

GO TO BOOK STORE... <http://www.leapinfo.net/id49.html>

We are planning to offer authentic Amish made products through our Book
Store in the near future. These Amish crafts will include-

* Wrought Iron
* Country Crafts
* Wheels & Wagons
* Leather Products
* Hand Painted Items
* Amish Hats
* Amish Dolls
* Wooden Furniture
* Wood Buckets
* Butter Churns and more

COMING SOON

PRAYER FORCE

James 5:16 tells us to pray for one another, so that is just what we want to
do. Prayer can do amazing things both in us and through us. Acts 4 shows
churches praying together and mighty things happening. So we are here to
join with you in prayer for your needs. It is God's people coming together
to pray for God's hand to move in each of our lives. Let us pray with you.
NEED PRAYER? GO TO PRAYER FORCE!...
<http://www.libertyonlineministries.com/>

Upcoming Events in St. Bernard Parish

Homeschool Information Workshop. To be announced

Happy Harvest

The Life Educational Alternative Program would like to wish you and your
family a Happy Fall Harvest Season.