[StBernard] Mayor Cedric Glover and Ministers Endorse Walter Boasso for Governor

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 10 22:07:57 EDT 2007

September 22, 2007

Shreveport: Calling him a man of strength, compassion and vision,
Shreveport Mayor Cedric Glover today joined ministers from across Louisiana
in endorsing State Senator Walter Boasso (D-Arabi) for Governor.

At a press conference in downtown Shreveport, Mayor Glover praised Senator
Boasso for his commitment to bringing Louisianans together to take on the
big challenges facing the entire state.

"Senator Boasso has what it takes," Glover said. "Coming from humble
beginnings he has shown time and again that he understands the needs of the
people of our state and he has shown that he has the strength and vision to
bring us together as a state to solve these challenges."

Joining Mayor Glover in endorsing Boasso were Reverend Samuel C. Tolbert,
President of the Louisiana Home and Foreign Mission Baptist State Convention
and Reverend A.G. Sudds, President of the Baptist Mission and Education
Baptist State Convention.

"Walter Boasso is the kind of leader who cares for people of all walks of
life and cares about solving the big challenges facing Louisiana," Rev.
Tolbert of Lake Charles said today. "Boasso will always side with the
little guy."

"Walter Boasso grew up poor and through a lot of hard work and ingenuity he
became a successful businessman," Rev. A.G. Sudds of Shreveport said. "He
understands what it's like for folks to struggle. He'll be there for
people."

Mayor Glover said that given Boasso's background in business, he is the
candidate with the most experience to take on the special interests and
stand up to Washington on behalf of Louisiana residents.

"It is critical at this time that we have a Governor who can bring us all
together to take on the special interests and improve our education and
health care system," Glover said. "Walter Boasso will be that Governor."

Boasso thanked Mayor Glover, Rev. Tolbert and Rev. Sudds for their
endorsements and pledged to make creating opportunities in northern
Louisiana a priority.

"We're only going to succeed if we all work together with one common mission
and one common cause," Boasso said. "Northern Louisiana is a huge part of
that equation and I look forward to working with strong leaders like Mayor
Glover to create those opportunities and build on the amazing potential we
have here and throughout Louisiana."