[StBernard] Georges Wins Final Debate, Endorsed by Fielkows, Embarks on Statewide Tour

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 19 22:32:35 EDT 2007

October 19, 2007

Dear Fellow Louisianans,

With the election fast approaching on Saturday, the momentum is building as
more and more Louisianans take a second look at their choice for Governor.
We must have a Governor who can bring EVERYONE together, north and south,
black and white, conservative and liberal to achieve real change in
Louisiana. Today, I am travelling the 4 corners of the state meeting with
concerned citizens from all walks of life who just want an end to the games
and meaningful CHANGE.

Yesterday, former New Orleans Saints Executive and present New Orleans City
Council President Arnie Fielkow and his wife, pediatrician Dr. Susan
Fielkow, endorsed my candidacy for Governor. Councilmember Fielkow's
business background is changing the way things are done in New Orleans and
the Fielkows's commitment to community is second to none. Here is an excerpt
from their endorsement.

My endorsement of John is not an anti-vote, because there are
several good candidates, but rather a for vote for John because I think he
can be a great governor. At this special time in our states history it is
vitally important to me that the next governor have a full understanding of
the recovery needs of the state, particularly the community that I
represent, and that he must possess the utmost integrity. John has an
ability to bring all people together. The coalition that he has built across
racial, ethnic and party lines is the type of unity that we very much need
right now. - Council President Fielkow

Last night, I was glad that Bobby Jindal decided to appear at the final
debate, even though it meant missing the important veto override vote on the
SCHIP program in Congress, which occurred in the morning. The feedback I
have gotten is very encouraging now that people have seen the clear
difference between myself and Bobby. Debate highlights are available on the
web at www.wwltv.com <http://www.wwltv.com> . Please send me your thoughts
at askjohn at georgesforgovernor.com.

With your votes on Saturday, I will be in a runoff. I'm looking forward to
more debates where voters compare my record and plans with those of Bobby
Jindal. Hopefully, he will agree with me that candidates for Governor should
not take money from people who do business with the State. As a businessman,
I know that to restore national confidence in Louisiana, we must do
everything possible to rid our state of the "pay to play" mentality that has
haunted us for so long. As Governor, I will stand up for the truth just as I
have done this week.

If you have any questions about any ads that are running this week, please
go to my website, www.georgesforgovernor.com
<http://www.georgesforgovernor.com> or email me at
askjohn at georgesforgovernor.com. As I say in one of my latest ads, a real
leader doesn't hide, and I will not hide from answering the toughest
questions.

Let's elect an independent leader who can unite this state. Vote for me,
John Georges No. 7, on October 20.

Thank you,

John D. Georges

________________________________

GEORGES DECLARES VICTORY IN FINAL DEBATE

Gubernatorial candidate John Georges said tonight he is ready to face Bobby
Jindal in a runoff election.

In the final debate before Saturday's primary, Georges scored substantive
points on key issues including economic development, infrastructure and
transportation, and coastal restoration.

Georges' confidence in his growing campaign is best reflected in his retort
to Jindal after the congressman made reference to Georges needing to read
more news in the imes-Picayune. Georges replied that he doesn't get his news
from the newspaper, but by traveling to where significant events are taking
place.

Georges has been criss-crossing the state for months, recently picking up
key endorsements in Shreveport, Monroe, Lake Charles, Alexandria and New
Orleans.

"This campaign is clearly, rapidly gaining traction," said John Hill, a
communications consultant to the Georges campaign. "I believe John is poised
to be in a runoff with Jindal, and with his knowledge, reputation, and
command of the issues facing our state, I believe he is our next governor."

Immediately after the debate, which was broadcast statewide tonight, Georges
departed New Orleans for another full day of travel.
Friday will find him in Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport and Monroe, and
more travel is scheduled for Election Day.

"We will not stop," Georges said. "We're at a full sprint now and we're very
close to victory."

________________________________

FIELKOWS ENDORSE GEORGES

(October 18, 2007) New Orleans City Council President Arnie Fielkow and his
wife, Dr. Susan Fielkow, today announced their endorsement of John Georges
for Governor.

Citing Georges business successes and commitment to appointing a Recovery
Director to oversee the rebuilding of hurricane-impacted areas, the Fielkows
this afternoon gave Georges his public support. Arnie Fielkow is an at-large
councilman and former executive vice president of the New Orleans Saints;
Dr. Susan Fielkow is a pediatrician.

My endorsement of John is not an anti-vote, because there are several good
candidates, but rather a for vote for John because I think he can be a great
governor, Fielkow said. At this special time in our states history it is
vitally important to me that the next governor have a full understanding of
the recovery needs of the state, particularly the community that I
represent, and that he must possess the utmost integrity.

I like Johns aggressiveness and business background. At a time when economic
development opportunities for Louisiana and New Orleans are vital to the
rebirth of the state, I like the fact that John is a self-made person and
understands the needs of both large and small businesses that are struggling
in a post Katrina and post Rita environment.

John has an ability to bring all people together. The coalition that he has
built across racial, ethnic and party lines is the type of unity that we
very much need right now.

I like that John shares my view that the key to our future success is
quality and equitable educational opportunities for all of our youth. The
days of Louisiana and New Orleans being at the end of the lists and denying
the next generation the opportunity to be successful need to stop now. I
believe John can help achieve that.

Above all else, I judge a persons character by what they do when the
spotlight is not on them. In my position as executive vice president of the
Saints, John on numerous occasions and without equivocation stood up and
said he would help this community without any regard for personal or
professional credit. John repeatedly agreed to ensure Saints sellouts so
that local television viewers could see the Saints games on local television
without blackout. By having those sellouts, it elevated both the Saints and
the New Orleans community to the eyes of a national audience.

Johns philanthropic and unwavering support of community causes, including
the Saints and non-profit organizations, speaks volumes about the compassion
he will bring to his next job as Governor of Louisiana.

I favor the expansion of the State Childrens Health Insurance Plan (SCHIP)
and restoring hospitals and quality health care for everyone in the
community, Susan Fielkow said. John has provided healthcare to all of his
employees and understands how access to quality and affordable healthcare is
for everyone.

Arnie and Susan Fielkow represent the best Louisiana has to offer, Georges
said. Their involvement in the community and efforts in both the public and
private sectors to make life better are second to none. Support from all
over Louisiana has been building and is overwhelming as our campaign
continues to gain traction, and I am especially honored that Arnie and Susan
have decided to give me their support.