[StBernard] Seen on nola.com sbp forum

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 23 20:17:37 EDT 2008

840,

I can't answer this authoritively, but let me give you my guess:

ST. BERNARD PARISH REDEVELOPMENT L.L.C

This is the company/government agency that takes title of properties that
have been bought by the Road Home. Although it is, in essence, a parish
government agency, therefore it is headed by the parish president, for
liability reasons it is a separate entity. If something happens to one of
the properties, you can't bankrupt the parish in a law suit.

ST. BERNARD NEW MARKETS, INC.

This is the non-profit arm of the above. This portion can accept donations,
that can become tax-deductible for the donor. Again, as a quasi-parish
government agency, it is headed by the parish president, but also has a
member of the parish council and a Sheriff's Deputy as officials also. (I
totally understand the council representation. Can't figure out one really
good reason for the Sheriff's office to be there.)

Westley