[StBernard] Justice Unserved

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 1 23:24:24 EDT 2008

This is very true JY. At the facility that my son works at, it is part of
his job to check on these patients and make sure they are taking their meds.
Most of them are on court ordered heavy medication so they must take them or
be put away. Many of them resist taking the meds. If they do not come into
the clinic to get their shots, meds, and other treatments, he has to go to
their house and track them down and see why. Most of them have been
abandoned by their family. They are just too much to handle, too time
consuming and too much of a burden. Especially when the parents get
elderly. They cannot live on their own, most live in some sort of group
setting. My son said they threaten to kill people often but usually do not,
they are more likely to kill themselves. These people also think they are
Jesus, my son is Jesus, Jesus is the voice they hear that tells them what to
do. Most of their obsessions revolve around sex and religion. It's too
weird for me. I don't know how he does it. He also does play therapy with
children who were raped. I'm proud of him for the compassion and love he
shows these children, but sometimes I worry he will hurt some of their
attackers. Some of these very young children actually have father's who
abused them in the worst way and are still fighting in the courts to see
them, intimidate them and violate restraining orders. It is hard for him to
get to know these kids and all the gory details of their attack and not want
to take vengeance on their tormentors. That is why I said he has a
heartbreaking job. I could not do his job and I doubt many people would
want to either. This world is sick, sick, sick.

Laurie