[StBernard] and he just keep going and going...grrrrrrrrr

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun May 17 11:03:02 EDT 2009

I don't care what your political views are...you must read this. Another
look at our president, unbelievable!!!! He has the unmitigated gall to ask
veterans to give up their benefits...yet every tom, dick, or harry who comes
to him with their hand out, get's a BAILOUT!!!

HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO LET THE
MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.........WHAT A EMPTY-HEADED PERSON HE
MUST BE....SEND THIS TO EVERYONE TO SHOW JUST WHAT HE THINKS OF OUR MILITARY
WHO FIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GET HURT PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM!!! I HAVE
ANOTHER NAME FOR THIS CREATURE BUT AM TRYING TO STOP USING THAT WORD FOR
HIM...IT IS NOT NICE...

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart (see
below for the link), led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to
require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540
million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to
military personnel received during their tours on active duty.

Even though he abandoned the proposal...I can't believe he even CONSIDERED
IT!!! The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the
opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained.. "Nobody made these
guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they
whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute..." "I
thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country,"
Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country
facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the
patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I
guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Here's the link to Jon Stewart's segment called "That Can't Be Right":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/18/stewart-on-obamas-plan-fo_n_176410.
html

Rena