[StBernard] DWT... (Driving While Texting)

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jul 15 09:59:47 EDT 2009

Just read this interesting article in a Car And Driver Magazine here at
work...

I'd highly recommend everyone, whether you do it a little or a lot, NOT text
while driving. I'll be the first to admit I've done it, and have even been
known to "drive with my knee" while doing it. This surely is an eye-opening
article. With a baby on the way, I know I'll be certain to do my damndest
to not do it, or if I need to text or email someone, pull over off the road
to do so.

Please read:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_clas
sic_cars/texting_while_driving_how_dangerous_is_it_feature

Got the above from my son, Chris. Please read the link he attached. This
is PRECISELY why I wish ALL cell phone companies would offer an option so
that when you're driving...and someone texts you...it would automatically
send the person a message that said something like...sorry can't reply...I
am driving. I think I'm going to e-mail Sprint (my cell phone provider) a
suggestion that this be added to all new cell phones. Maybe if all cell
phone users would campaign their cell phone companies to do this...then
there would be less accidents and lower insurance rates :-)

Rena