[StBernard] Doggy Poop and Swimming Pools Redux

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 21 22:45:34 EDT 2009

A while back I posted on my web site an article "What can Liberals Learn
from Doggy Poop and Swimming Pools?", which was review of the book/blog
Freakonomics.

The authors had now released a follow-up book, SuperFreakonomics, and the
excerpt from the New York Times web site ends with this quote:

"People are people, and they respond to incentives. They can nearly always
be manipulated -- for good or ill -- if only you find the right levers."

This is something that liberals understand enough to try and weasel more
power and control for themselves, but profess a total lack of understanding
when none of their "well-intentioned" programs every work the way they had
thought.

This book looks like another must-read.

At the very least, read the excerpt.

Westley