[StBernard] Cass Sunstein says the conservative view of the Constitution requires a 'time machine'

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 27 23:29:37 EDT 2010

Cass Sunstein says the conservative view of the Constitution requires a
'time machine'
Posted on September 26, 2010 at 4:00pm by Scott Baker

Anybody feel like a dinosaur? Over at the dependable YourDaddy's Politics
blog we find a flashback within a flashback. This Cass Sunstein a few years
ago (during the Alito confimration hearings I think) talking about
conservatives and the Constitution:

"Some conservative legal thinkers like Justice Scalia and Justice Thomas
think that the Constitution means what it originally meant. That means we
should understand the document by going into a kind of 'Time Machine' and
capturing the public understanding of the public that ratified the document
a century or more than a century ago."

http://tinyurl.com/388kmlf