[StBernard] In The Top 5

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 24 09:12:48 EST 2010

Dear Friends -

A new report ranks Louisiana among the top five states for economic growth
in the past year. Indeed, the Bureau of Economic Analysis reported that
Louisiana ranked fifth in the nation for growth in goods and services
produced in 2009. While Louisiana's economy has been growing, 39 states
across the country actually saw a decrease in the value of their goods and
services. As the Baton Rouge Advocate
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c455%7c9390&digest=yoB
vGW1Pd4d94imxSdUd5w&sysid=1> reported, Louisiana also had the strongest
showing in the entire Southeast.

This is great news for our state and shows that we are moving in the right
direction by enacting pro-growth policies that will attract businesses and
create jobs for our people. Indeed, our efforts to reform the ethics system,
cut taxes, and revamp workforce development are succeeding in not only
retaining businesses, but also in bringing new businesses here to relocate
and invest in our communities. We've made incredible progress, but we've got
more work to do and we will continue to foster an economy that creates jobs
by rejecting tax hikes on our people and businesses.

Finally, as Thanksgiving approaches, I'm reminded of the many blessings in
my life including my family and our incredible state. I am thankful for the
spirit and resolve of the people of Louisiana. They have demonstrated time
and time again that in the face of disaster - natural or man-made - they are
always prepared to rise up and support their neighbors. I want to wish all
of you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sincerely,
Governor Bobby Jindal