[StBernard] 2011 Pre-Session Survey Results
Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 1 18:37:05 EDT 2011
I wanted to share the results of my 2011 Pre-Session Survey with you. Our
office received 608 surveys back. Thanks to everyone who shared their input.
I appreciate you taking time to fill out the survey, allowing me to see
which issues matter most to you.
1. In order to balance the state budget and cover the current
shortfalls, which do you support?
572---Cuts to state government spending
2. Gov. Jindal had proposed the following revenue measures to help
balance the state's budget. Do you support one or more of the following?
192---selling 2 state prisons and leasing them back for 25-30 years
230---selling the state's PPO for retirees 470---increasing the amount state
employees contribute to the state employee retirement system 512---selling
3. Do you support the merger of Universities with low enrollment
and graduation rates in the same locale for the sake
of efficiency and cost savings?
4. Do you favor a constitutional amendment dedicating a portion of
Tobacco Settlement money to the merit based
TOPS scholarship program, ensuring its continuation?
5. Do you favor a single governing board for the state's higher
More information about the StBernard