[Woodcarver] NERoundup - Pics

Linehan718 at aol.com Linehan718 at aol.com
Sun Aug 1 00:37:39 EDT 2004

My apologies to carvin' jack.  i was unaware that you were also one of  the
organizers and didn't mention you earlier in that regaurd.  Thank you,  thank
you, thank you.  what a wonderful event.  I will try my hardest  to attend next
year for the entire time.  i have decided not to try to  register with cherry
hill as i probably will be bringing along my non-carving  friend again.  i
don't think she would appreciate eating, sleeping, and  breathing carving. We
stayed just outside of honesdale and it worked out  great.  there was a street
festival in honesdale that weekend so she got to  go shopping.  she shops, i
carve. We also took a ride on the train in town,  it is called the Great
American train Robbery or something like that.   It was pretty nice, 25 mi. trip each
way with an hour break in lackawaxen for  lunch. All in all a 3 hour
excursion. There are all kinds of  characters on the train, desperados and marshalls.
on the way back bandits  on horseback stop and hijack the train and try to
steal the gold.  while  you are on the lunch break there are all kinds of
shootouts in the street.   the kids on the train really seemed to like it although
some had to be explained  that it wasn't really real. my friend  also had a
great time doing  some of the non carving activities.  She has almost finished
her monk cloth  embroidery and just had to go to the craft store to get all
types of embossing  stuff. And then she made me build her a light box.  Aw heck,
we needed  one anyway. LOL.  I am working on my carvings and will post pics
when i  finish them.  Thanks again Jack.  It was a pleasure.

Maura Carvin'  in NYC
www.picturetrail.com\whiteknight718