[Woodcarver] The "Cat" is Back...

Bill Judt bjudt at sasktel.net
Sat Aug 7 20:42:59 EDT 2004

Gentle Subscribers:

The Cat (read: List Owner) is back.
Got home from Red Deer last night... LATE!!!
I had a good trip back, with a tailwind. My trustworthy 1991 Lexus
LS400 got 31 MPG (Canadian miles per gallon!!!!) and the weather was
spectacular as I sped from west to east across Alberta and
Saskatchewan.

The workshop was excellent. My class had 9 students, which is one more
than normal... but since they were all "keeners" I had no trouble
handling them. You can see pictures of the instructor and the class at:
http://wwwoodcarver.com/RedDeerWorkshop2004/

Among the students was Tina Toney,  one of the authors from Fox Chapel
Publishing. She was a delight to have in the class, and I felt honored
to be able to introduce her to my style of relief carving. She is a
GOOD student, possibly since she has taught hundreds of students over
the years. Her project .... the "Noah's Ark" from Woodcarving
Illustrated a couple of issues back... turned out real fine.

You folks from the US of A who like workshops might want to give the
Red Deer Summer Woodcarving Workshop some consideration. It is top
class.
The brochure for this year is available in PDF format at:
http://extension.rdc.ab.ca/visual_arts/woodcarving.html

Remember that CANADIAN CARVING WORKSHOPS are VERY friendly to US
participants, who also benefit from the exchange rate and the pleasant
Canadian summer weather.

Bill

W.F. Judt,
46 Harvard Cres,