[Woodcarver] I need your help

John G gris7 at juno.com
Thu Aug 12 10:52:03 EDT 2004

Joe
Wow that is a deep question. When I first started carving my goal was to carve a realistic eagle. I soon found out that I was lucky if I could carve a ball in cage or a series of links. I have been carving for about 2 years now and my goals have changed. I now enjoy chip carving and I look forward to carving Noah’s ark complete with animals. I know that some day I will carve that eagle but I must be content with my present skill level.  I think that “success” is a state of mind and is grounded in a person’s level of contentment. I feel that I am a successful carver at my present skill level. If I were not content with that, then I would be discouraged and view myself as a failure. I know that I have a long way to go to improve my carving skills, and I strive for improvement all the time. I remain content with where I am and I feel that is the secret of success.

God Bless,
JohnG

See my carvings at  http://www.PictureTrail.com/jgriscti

-- "Joe Dillett" <jdillett at thecarvingshop.com> wrote: