[Woodcarver] Fwd: HELP NEEDED & seminar schedule update... with permission

Bill Judt bjudt at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 16 10:16:36 EDT 2004

From: Joe Dillett <jdillett at thecarvingshop.com>
Date: August 16, 2004 5:26:44 AM GMT-06:00
To: Bill Judt <bjudt at sasktel.net>
Subject: HELP NEEDED & seminar schedule update.

Hi Bill,

Would you please post this to your List?

Thank you,

Joe

**********

Fellow Carvers,

This is an update on the seminar schedule for the Whillock Woodcarving
Festival and a cry for HELP for posting the auction items on eBay.

Update on the Whillock Woodcarving Festival class schedule.

The following class has been added to the lineup - Tony Erickson
-Whimsical
Houses in Bark (details including shutters, doors, etc) -Saturday
12:15-3:15. The bark will be $15.00 payable to the instructor.

There is still some room in the following classes:
Sally & David Nye - Fan Bird Carving
Chris Whillock - Beginner Carving
Sandie Roosa - Sweet Potato Carving
Tony Erickson - Whimsical House in Bark
Gen Jansen - Cottonwood bark turtle
Ev Ellenwood - Knife Sharpening
Walt Grittner - Chip Carving
Fred & Elaine Stenman - Burning & Painting

The following classes are FULL - please do not call and register for
them!
Marv Kaisersatt - Caricature Features
Joe Dillett - Relief Carving
Keith Anderson - Scandinavian Figure
Ol' Don Burgdorf - Caricature Mouse
Chris Howard - Eyes, Nose and Mouth
Bob Mau - eyes & teeth is cancelled

The number to call for class registration is (507-333-4446)

For those of you who have not experienced the magic of making a Fan
Bird it
is awesome. If you have a spouse who has never picked up a knive before
this
is the perfect class for them. You will not find a better pair of
teachers
than Sally & David Nye.... I've heard Chris Whillock teach some beginner
carvers. If you want to get your woodcarving off to a good start Chris
can
give you some solid information that will make your learning easier and
safer. Sandie Roosa is an excellent professional teacher. She also has
some
great carving skills she can teach you in a short time on a sweet potato
that you can convert those techniques to wood. Look at my Webshots,
Marnie
album, for an example of Sandie's skill. Tony Erickson plays the guitar
in
the key of 'D' and he can teach you techniques to turn Cottonwood Bark
into
the most awesome Whimsical Houses you've ever seen. I don't know about
the
other seminar teachers, who still have openings, but they have been
selected
by the best . That's why I'm proud to be listed among them.

*** HELP HELP HELP ****

Marnie nor I have had experience with selling stuff on eBay. If there is
someone who has experience and would be willing to help Marnie get the
auction items posted on eBay it would greatly be appreciated. If you
have
experience with the best methods, such as a reserve bid or not, that
would
be very helpful. Marnie is doing a heavy batch of chemo at this time
and she
's doing all she can to survive. We were hoping to get these items up
before
this but the people who were going to do it were not able to do it. Any
help
would be greatly appreciated. You may call me at my shop (815-498-9290)
during regular business hours today if you would like to help post
items to
the eBay auction. The auctions will end this Sunday, August 22, so this
gives us less than a week total time. The sooner we get them on eBay the
better. Most of the pictures can be downloaded from my WebShots (URL
below)
album titled Marnie.

I hope to see many of you this coming weekend at the CARV-FEST '04.. As
soon
as Marnie gets some help in posting the items on eBay I'll get the
URL's out
to those who will be watching the auction from their computer screen.

Thanks for listening.

Joe Dillett
The Carving Shop
645 E. LaSalle St. Suite 3