[Woodcarver] W3E

Woodcarver87 woodcarver87 at cox.net
Thu Aug 19 09:42:08 EDT 2004

Another Exchange Surprise

The mailman has delivered another Holiday-like surprise package in the form
of the current W3E carving exchange. I just love Christmas in August!
Today's present is from Rip Stangroom from Tyngsborough, MA. Rip has
presented me with a family of deer, carved in Rip's flat plane style out of
Basswood and lacquered. The Buck stands alert at 3" overseeing the 2" Doe
and the 1" feeding Fawn. Rip's flat cuts are so  clean and precise they
amazingly convey muscle structure in such small carvings.

Thank you Rip and thanks again to Matt for making these surprises possible
four times a year.

 John Anderson - Bristol, RI
You can see some of my woodcarvings at:
http://www.picturetrail.com/john87