[Woodcarver] Carving show this weekend

Mike Gratton mike_gratton at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 19:52:01 EDT 2004

Well, My son and I spent 3 1/2 hours at the Green
Mountain Wood Carvers carving show.  Carvers are as
friendly and outgoing in person as they are online.
We met Pete LeClair who's written a couple of
caricature books.  I'd e-mailed him and he'd given me
some advice when I'd started out.  My son and I
introduced ourselves and chatted with him for a while.
 Out of the blue, he gave me about 30 back issues of
Chip Chats that one of his friends who was retiring
from carving had given him.  Wow.

But every carver we talked to was also very friendly.
They were full of advice, encouragement and anecdotes.
 We're definitely going to have to hit more of these
shows whenever they're in the area.

mikeg
--- Victor Hamburger <VHamburg at bellatlantic.net>