[Woodcarver] stone carving

cynda douglas cynda at iw.net
Wed Aug 25 14:16:31 EDT 2004

I recall one time someone in here was wanting to know what to use for
background texture in relief carving.  I was wondering if some leather
working background tools would work, and I'm still wondering. :-)  There
have also been some interested in carving talc or soap stone
(steatite).  Thot I'd pass along this URL to a place answering a query of
mine.  It also has links.
In there is a bush pick, used to texture stone or knock off a layer over an
area.  Looks like it would also work, (gently) in wood, but I don't know
for sure.  I haven't  tried relief carving.  So, anyone
interested--<http://www.stonesculptorssupplies.com>www.stonesculptorssupplies.com
<mailto:info at stonesculptorssupplies.com>info at stonesculptorssupplies.com
www.pacificsoapstone.com
I also have been digging around and found some other addresses where I have
purchased soap stone and alabaster.  Just email me if you want them.

Cynda
http://woodneggs.tripod.com