[Woodcarver] Me for the day

Sylda sylda at kansas.net
Wed Aug 25 22:10:39 EDT 2004

Hi, everyone.
I read about someone wanting something to make texture for background on
relief carving.  To be sure I'm understand right -- you mean like trees
hills ect?  A lady that used to teach in KVW, Opal, used to use a piece of
gravel from the drive or gravel road.  Rough in texture, hang onto one side
and pound the area you want "textured" with the other.  As anything your
trying for the first time try it on a piece of scrap wood that is the same
type of wood as your work is on.  I tried several rocks before I found the
one that did what I wanted.  Makes great bushes, tree tops etc.

Someone was inquiring about where to purchase soap stone and alabaster --
don't know if it is possible for you to go to Quartzsite, AZ sometime from
Nov thru February, but there is LOTS of that sort of materials there then.

Lynn, thanks for the info on the seminars at SDC.

This is my method of responding to the individuals on the list.

I open a new email.  As I read each one I respond if I want than delete it
or if I don't want to I just delete it.

I also open a word processing document on my desktop and any info I want to
keep I copy and paste in this document.  I titled mine, "Future Reference".
When I want to check out the addresses from the mail list I can go into this
document and don't have to keep all those emails or even a long digest.

OK, guys, now I'm going to ask a really stupid question.  Are you ready?
How do I get a web page.  I don't know how to do it and don't know where to
go.  Yes, I'm really dumb ---- help.  I carve, do woodburnings, and make
jewelry all of which I have in several consignment stores across the area,
but would like to have a web page.  I have no idea how to work with Ebay
either, so don't tell me to do that without more instruction.  If you have
info for me, but don't want to put it on the "list" mailings say so and I'll
send you my own address.

Until another day, take care & God Bless,
Sylda