[Woodcarver] plastiline clay

Lkdhvt at aol.com Lkdhvt at aol.com
Thu Aug 26 09:19:56 EDT 2004

Yeah know... I've got 5
lbs of plastina that I bought several months ago and have yet to use it
much.  It seems extremely hard. Is there
anything special that I need to do to it to make it more plyable

I used to soften the large block of clay in the sun on a nice warm day, but
just working small pieces in your hands works well.  I had clay I used 12 years
after I bought it.  But-- CAUTION- most of this type of clay contains
arsenic.  We had a person who accidentally poisoned his dog many years ago by
throwing small bits of clay on the floor as he worked, and the dog ate them.  I am
always careful to wash my hands after using plastilna and I keep it out of the
grandkids reach.

Don H in Vt
http://www.woodcarversdepot.com