[Woodcarver] W3E Exchange received

Marilyn Osterhouse mosterhouse at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 28 23:37:45 EDT 2004

Terry:

I learned to do these fan-tailed birds from Sally Nye.  They are made out of
one piece of white cedar about 2" by 4 or 5" and 1/2" thick and have to be
carved when wet.  Sally has a web site and has written a book on fantail
carving but I am embarrassed to say I don't have the web address.  Maybe
Sally can direct you.  It is very neat to do.

Thanks for your comments, Marilyn

Marilyn Osterhouse
Vicksburg, Mi
mosterhouse at sbcglobal.net

Today a little hummingbird decided to join our family, my wife decided to
adopt this little fella.

Marilyn Osterhouse did a fine job with a one piece cedar carved fan bird.  I
am still in amazement, I would love to have seen the starting picture of the
piece of wood.